We at Plastfree, would like to take this opportunity to look beyond our comfort zones & experience lives of women who are not as priviledged as others, through the eyes of the makers of the Academy Award winning shortfilm on Netflix, Period End of Sentence.
Come join a live session with the makers from The Pad Project Team hosted by Plastfree & Miss England on This Menstrual Hygiene Day, 28 May 2021 at 7pm for a Q&A session. Bring your family & friends to raise funds for this amazing organisation and spread the message of menstrual equality.
The Pad Project’s mission is to create and cultivate local and global partnerships to end period stigma and to empower women and all menstruators worldwide. They offer projects like funding pad machines or washable pad programmes with community partnerships, sexual & reproductive health eduction and domestic advocacy work. Based in USA but they have global collaborations improving lives of women & girls.
By providing equal access to sanitary products & menstrual education it can directly improve lives of girls, women & all menstruators.
Facts (according to WHO):
1. If girls receive 7 full years of education they will marry avg 4 years later
2. They will have 2.2 fewer children
3. If they attend 1 extra year of secondary education then average salary can increase upto 25%
4. This can raise average country GDP by billions of dollars (Global Partnership)
5. If India enrolled just 1 % more girls in school, its GDP would increase by 5.5 billion dollars(USAID)
Educating women has direct impact on individual, communities and nations!
So, watch this short film with all your family and friends and help us raise more awareness. The money raised will go directly to the Pad Project team for them to use for projects they do all over the world.
Instagram: @thepadproject @plastfreepad @missendlandnews
Instagram (film): @periodendofsentence
Facebook: @thepadprojecct @plastfreepad
Twitter: ThePadProject1 @plastfreepad